Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Other grunge/alternative songs I've been thinking of, and other maybe one or a few hit wonders that made up the rest of the vibe of the 90s

Ok, so I feel like posting a few songs that I love, and I also love how it was not only the famous grunge/alternative bands that made up that laid back vibe of the 90s, but also the memorable one hit wonders, or maybe bands with just a few hits, that still sound alternativey that I also love. I always want to stress overlooked grunge bands like Paw, Dig, Dandelion, Greta, and Sugartooth, and then I remember songs from my youth like One Week, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and I Alone. Bear with me, there are so many great bands I want people to know about, my posts might be a little long.


Sugartooth - Sold My Fortune


Cracker - Low

Beck - Loser. "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me" should be the anthem saying for the slacker generation. I love the randomness of the lyrics and video.

Dada - Dizz Knee Land.Headed west into the black, I'm going to Disneyland!

Deadeye Dick - New Age Girl


Dig - We Don't Care


Greta - Fathom. I love how the singer of Greta wears dresses. Stick it to the man! He has the coolest dresses too.

 Paw - Jessie


Paw - Couldn't Know

Dandelion - Under My Skin

Bush - Everything Zen. God I love this one, so grungy.


Deep Blue Something - Breakfast At Tiffany's

Blur - Song 2. One of the grungiest songs I've ever heard.

Marcy Playground - Sex and Candy

Blind Melon - No Rain. This one I always loved. it's about a girl who doesn''t stop being who she is even though she can't relate to anyone until one day she finds out she is not so alone after all. Like me discovering that I totally fit in with the 90s/generation x.


Rusted Root - Send Me On My Way. This one is so very freeing. Matilda!

Live - I Alone



The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony


Candlebox - Simple Lessons. This one is so great. Just look at those facial expressions that the singer makes. This one made my ovaries hurt the first time I watched it. Ha. Passion is so sexy.

Puddle Of Mudd - You Don't Know. Early Puddle of Mudd is way grungier than newer Puddle of Mudd, but it all rocks.

7 Year Bitch - Hip Like Junk. I love these girls' style. I want to look like that. And L7, and Babes in Toyland etc. Good Seattle girl rock.

 L7 - Pretend We're Dead


Primitive Radio Gods - Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money in My Hand. This one is so smooth.


Tonic - Open Up Your Eyes

Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock. My favorite Smashing Pumpkins song. So creative and alternative and noisy.


I hate it when they don't let you embed, so here's the link to Cumbersome by Seven Mary Three http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjNn4bbbgSw&ob=av2e I always loved this one. Somehow it makes me flash back to my youth, like the 90s were so laid back I cherished just doing stuff like going to stores in different strip malls and looking out at the world, even though this one is set in a bar. Plus the guitarist looks a bit like Dave Grohl. I love the part when he says "There is a balance, between two worlds, one with a narrow end to cross, darkness of the balance, life has become, cumbersome". And here's December by Collective Soul http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6exsatE-DUk&ob=av2e  I always loved this one too. Everyone always talks about Shine, which is great too, but I always remembered December more. I love the film type image, and the weird kaleidescope, and of course the long hair. And Breathe is worth watching too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCavdw14vWo&ob=av2e  And here's Gotta Get Away by the Offspring http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6jz1hewTzA&ob=av2n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, encouraged, and appreciated.